Old Chickering

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:40:37 -0500

The brass hammer flange holds up well. It is the whippen flange which breaks.
I have a Quarter Grand in my shop now and the small whippen flanges are
available from American. I'm not sure where you could procure the larger
whippen
flanges. The guy who devised the "two flanges" should be dug up and shot.

Jon Page
At 06:46 PM 1/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Just had a phone call from a dealer nearby who had a question about an
"old" Chickering grand that he is considering
>He describes the thing as 6'4" with a wide tail. The one thing he did
notice is that it has the original pinblock in at least >