Windows and pianos

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:56:00 -0500

To make the old automobile correlation, 'They' would never _DARE_ park
their precious vehicle under a tree where birds congregate.
They'd park it in the sun but then they don't expect to keep it very long
either.

Fortunately a few our ancestors kept their rooms dark which preserved what
we have left today of these fine old pianos. I can only surmise arrogance
for a knowledgeable person to place a piano in harms way. It displays a total
disregard for the workmanship put into it to allow it to deteriorate at an
accelerated rate. It is part of the disregard for everything mindset which is
prevailing now. (I'll do what _I_want, period).  Or did it start back in
the '70's?

I value my 1919 Mason & Hamlin and will do everything in my power to preserve
it. I owe that to its builders, the guys like us who showed up every day to
piece
together their expectations and goals. Striving for the ethereal masterpiece.

Emotions and dreams are what we really fill.
The piano evokes so much and we should not treat it with disregard.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)