44 Cents Low

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:55:27 -0600

----------
> From: Danny Moore <danmoore@ih2000.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: 44 Cents Low
> Date: Monday, January 26, 1998 1:22 AM
>
> Sy, List,
It has long been suspected that audio waves of various durations have
different effects on the human psyche.
> For an introduction, see this web site  http://www.dnamusic.com/

During the 60's  those into the war protest marches heard the rummor
that a new anti riot weapon was being tested, a sound system that
produced sound in a range that was reputed to make humams loose
control of their bowels.

>.  Some of the organ techs may shed some light on this, but I don't
think that even a 32' diapason stop goes down to 16 Hz does it?

I heard a demonstration of "resultants" from a pipe organ.  The
difference of two frequencies results in beats.  If they are high
enough to be in the low sonic and sub sonic range the sound is more
like a fluttering than a beat or tone. I still am wondering though if
two supersonic freqs can produce an audible resultant.  I don't see
why not.

> This phenomenon does sort-of explain the interest in the chants of
the Tantric Buddhist monks.  You can catch them on CD - catalog#
979198-2, "TIBETAN BUDDHISM - Tantras of Gyuto" copyright 1988
Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records, division of Warner Communications.
They have developed the capacity to reproduce these sub-harmonic
tones.

Do you mean sub-sonic?  (Lower than 20 cps)

> Er, what kind of church did you say this was?  Na, I don't want to
know.

> Danny Moore
> http://www.setexas.com/danmoore/

: )