Video taping PTG classrooms

BSHARPTUNE BSHARPTUNE@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:53:46 EST

Hi Steve!

Devlon Bignault here - Nashville chapter.   One of the things I would  like to
see the PTG do is to video tape the various classes at national and other
seminars.  There is always so much great information in these classes!  It is
impossible to write fast enough when note taking and even if you do, you
always miss a slide or something else that was said that was important......
and,  one of the greatest shames is that your notes can never capture the
visual part of the presentations. Most of the instructors seem to go to a lot
of trouble to make great slide shows and/or posters as part of their
presentations.  It's a shame that with time all we remember are faded images.
All that most of us can do is hope to remember enough of what we had seen to
make a few additional notes when we get back to our rooms or back home, that
hopefully will etch clearer in our minds that which we saw.  I'm always trying
to remember what something looked like when I get back to the shop.  I usually
go, "Ahhhh, man!  What did that gig look like on that slide that always puts
the plate back in perfect alignment when reinstalled!"  If I had a video of
the class, I'd be a happy camper!

Then there is always the scheduling conflict where you are interested in two
or more classes given at the same time.  You can never get all the classes
that you want, so you have to decide  which ones to sacrifice which always
causes me stress and anxiety!  I can't help it!  I want'm all!   Again, the
answer would be video.  Video taping the classes would do a couple of real
positive things for the PTG and it's members:

 1.  For the PTG organization, it would generate extra money from the video
sales.
 2.  For the members, it would provide an invaluable asset in their quest for
the
      mastery of their craft.

Wouldn't it be great to see this as a possibility for Providence!

Happy Tuning!

Devlon
Nashville Chapter