Video taping PTG classrooms

THEOFONE THEOFONE@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:14:27 EST

to Devlon Bignault
                          your question shows the defects in the teaching
system in our "profession" , and to some degree I do agree with you. What does
the Guild need with more money?????  Dont they have enough?????  When I have
my brain operation, the last thing in the world I want is for the surgeon to
have to review a video tape to remember how to do the operation. I wouldnt
feel very confident in his abilities, and it would NOT make me feel any better
to know that he only wanted to do a good job, but didnt really have the
ability or knowledge to do it. Him wanting to,,,, doesnt cut it with me. We
need better training YES!!!!
Is video surgery the way to go??? Gee- makes me wonder,  can I supplement my
income if I pass a video surgery course??????  I might be able to do a face-
lift!!!!! I wached one once on the Discovery channel!!! Any takers for a cut-
rate discount!!!!!?????
                Video is great,,,, for supplemental education, but it doesnt
replace apprenticeship, experience, and education. We need a better
educational foundation!!!!!!

Theodore Mamel RPT

Pittsburgh Chapter