Temperaments

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:13:46 -0600

Rob and listers,

At 14:25 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Now that everyone has pushed everyone else's buttons,  will ya leave it
alone for a while?

>If you feel this just must be continued, how about doing it on the windy
>list?  I come here for technical talk, not lectures or flames.

Aw, is recess over already? We was jes havin fun.

The basic subject was, and still is, "Temperaments".

"Technically", that's what we do.

Perhaps it would look more technical if we were discussing "how" rather than
"why" of HTs?

So alright, maybe the discussion has digressed a bit, and strong emotions
have been evidenced.  This is our livelihood!  If we're not passionate about
it, we should find something about which we _can_ be passionate.

It may be intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that Bill Bremmer
and I don't exactly agree on everything. ;-} That doesn't take away the fact
that _I've_ been learning things through this discussion.  I've been doing
HTs for well over 20 years myself, but I still have so much more to learn.

As you well know, get three tuners together and you'll have five ways to do
anything - and all of them will be right!  If you doubt Bill's description
as to what a historical temperament can do for the music, come to Providence
in July and listen for yourself. Bill will be putting his money where his
mouth is, and I can assure you, you won't be disappointed. You might just
become a convert.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Acoustic Keyboard Technician - Luther College
700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.