Side cutter

BSimon1234 BSimon1234@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:57:22 EST

Someone wrote:

> I now use a "Snap on" electronics side cutter E710ACG for centerpins,  but
I'm not quite satisfied with it.>>

Take any old side cutter, wire cutter, whatever, - and grind it into a side
cutter by grinding off the double bevel. Don't grind it too hard or too fast,
or you will take the temper out of the cutting edges.

After a while buying specialized tools, one forgets that you can make and
modify tools to do what you want them to do. I have a really neat end nippers,
that I use for cutting away old plastic elbow material from centerpins, that I
made my grinding away 90% of the width of the original nippers. Works great.

(you can also make your own soundboard cleaning tools by bending your own
wire, and jigs and such by gluing and screwing up wood frames.)

Bill Simon
Phoenix