Using becket breaker? {lost messages]

BSHARPTUNE BSHARPTUNE@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:27:37 EST

[Dear list-Sorry-somehow lost the postings on this subject.  So I'm
resubmitting.
please respond again if you don't mind-thanks]

The recent talk about restringing has got me  thinking about a becket breaker
that I have, but never used.  I am used to lowering string tension before
restringing in the "usual way,  but have never used this tool out of fear of
not knowing exactly how to use it.  No one in the area uses one and I've never
read anywhere the proper method of using it, hence it has never been used.  I
would like to know things such as:
1. Do you lower string tension before using it?
2. Is there a particular string breaking sequence?
3. Any dangers to using this system?

Any advice greatly appreciated from you veteran restringers!

Devlon
Nashville Chapter