Using becket breaker? {lost messages]

A440A A440A@aol.com
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 06:58:41 EST

Devlon asks:

>1. Do you lower string tension before using it?
    I do, just slightly. If the string is too slack, it is more difficult to
break.  always tip cutting edge in the direction of the becket

>2. Is there a particular string breaking sequence?
     To average out the change, I start at the bottom of the bichords and
break one string per note, all the way to the top.  Then you back from the
bottom note and do everybody.
>3. Any dangers to using this system?

     Lay a blanket over the strings,  be careful not to drive the pins into
the plate,  protect your eyes

Good luck,
Ed Foote