44 Cents Low

Nelson and Tracy Denton ndenton434@bigwave.ca
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:55:09 -0500

At 04:16 AM 1/28/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>You
>> pose an interesting question about supersonic freq. producing
>> resultants.  It would be a little more difficult to demonstrate -
>where
>> would you find an oscilator to produce an supersonic tone?
>	Otherwise I thought of two audio frequency generators and what ever
>amplification needed to get the results.  But surely some one has
>tried this before. And if you really want something to think about,
>wouldn't the resultant be a pure sine wave?  Perhaps the purest that
>could be produced?

The device you are descibing is an AM radio!  You can hear the difference
in two frequncies when you miss tune the station, that whine you hear is
the resultant tones.

Pipe Organs use this technique for producing bass notes in the 32'-64'
range - (8 to 32 hz)
this is done by using a pipe of one octave above the desired pitch and a
pipe a fifth above it. the blend of the two gives a note one octave lower.
Nelson E. Denton
R. A. Denton and Son
Pipe Organ Builders
Hamilton Ontario Canada