Temperaments

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:48:12 -0500

Hi Rob,

I disagree with you. This controversy between ET and HT *is* technical talk
relating to our craft. However, what should be omitted are the personal
attacks to those colleagues who express alternate views. The recent comment
regarding Gina as being all powerful and all knowing etc. was out of line.
the author should have continued his attack of her idea , not *her*. I for
one am learning a lot about this discussion as I sit on the sideline. I
suspect that you are annoyed at the recent personal attack and are
justified in that.

I tune only ET and have a very strong music background. This recent
discussion really has me thinking. Why *did* Beethoven write his
'Moonlight' Sonata in C# minor? Why did Chopin write in those keys such as
Bb minor? I just might be converted. But I am sitting on the sideline and
learning, so for me, this is *good* technical stuff.

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida