Side cutter

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:40:48 +0100

>> Dear list,
>>
>> Can somebody please tell me what is the best tool for cutting center
>pins.

>I use and love a small pair from Jensen.  #66-354 but they have several
>that are flush cutters.  1-800-426-1194. Great catalog to see if you
>haven't yet.  Tools, cases, etc.
>Lance Lafargue, RPT

That's a bit to for away for me.

>Take any old side cutter, wire cutter, whatever, - and grind it into a side
>cutter by grinding off the double bevel. Don't grind it too hard or too
fast,
>or you will take the temper out of the cutting edges.
>After a while buying specialized tools, one forgets that you can make and
>modify tools to do what you want them to do.
>Bill Simon
>Phoenix

You're right , Bill.
I sharpened my "Snap on " cutter , and works fine, as long as it lasts.
It will have to do until March,when I go to the Frankurter Musik Messe ,
where Renner and others display their stuff.

Thanks, Lance, Bill and the someone else who suggested Renner.

Michiel