Removing Plate

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:14:44 EST

I am doing major work on a small grand (new strings, pins, hammers, dampers,
keytops).  I don't do refinishing.  The owner, who is an accomplished do-it-
yourselfer including finishing, wants to remove the plate inorder to refinish
it (spraying gold) and the soundboard.  I know the pinblock is attached to the
plate.  If the owner removes the pinblock screws, will the pinblock stay in
the piano when the plate is pulled.  Should I advise him against doing this.
I have never replaced a pinblock or soundboard, so the answer is out of my
knowledge.

Thanks to group, again, for your help.

Dick Day
Marshall MI