Differences

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:01:32 -0600

Dear Del and others,
My point was that the mauafactureres are thinking that unless their pianos
emulate this one type same sound that their instrument will not be
accepted.  I think the critics, or recording engineers or someone with a
lot of influence is the force responsible for this sameness.
	 I have a Cd with about 10 or so different Seinways from squares to
uprights to an S to several D's.  They are all recorded in the same place,
I assume in ET, and they sound pretty similar even though they are vastly
different.  Why not listen to a concert on a Steinway 45" or a S.  If not a
great deal of volume is needed what possible differrences could there be.
Anyone hear any concerts on a P-22 or a U-1, or for that matter a WX-7 or a
Baldwin 6000 with its "booming bass".?
	It is said in theatre organ circles that anyone can sound good on a large
TO but it takes great skill to wring out a great sound form a 10 or so rank
TO.
James Grebe waiting for the hits.
James Grebe R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
"Success is not just a goal, but a way of life"