Del

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:17:26 -0800

ralph m martin wrote:

> Del, please post your Email address to me. I have something that could be
> of interest to you.
>
> Thanks
> Ralph
> rmartin30@Juno.com

Ralph,

My E.mail address is
pianobuilders@olynet.com

For most of last week we were shut off from the E.mail world. Olynet was changing their
E.mail software and -- after making the change -- found that the new program would not
load any of the subscriber passwords. They had to all be entered by hand.

Then they just plain screwed up. Some other part of their system software was routing my
messages to a machine that didn't exist. Presumably they all went into the ether
somewhere, never to be seen again. Fortunately -- for me, at least, if not for the list --
Andy was able to invent some kind of a work-around. (Don't ask me -- give a computer a
soundboard and strings and hammers and I might have a chance at understanding how they
work. Until then if I turn on the switch and it works, that's great. If it doesn't, well,
it's broke.) Anyway, we didn't get back on until Monday or Tuesday. I might add that this
is not the first time this has happened. And it was Andy who came to out rescue. Not
Olynet.

Regards,

Del

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...