Damper Spring Replacement

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:16:30 -0500

Ken,
I did a couple dozen Schwander flange hammer spring cords the other day
(same process).  I put a drill bit (slightly smaller than hole) in a drill
press chuck-backwards.  Then, I just pushed them out.  I also do this when
replacing damper guide rail bushings.  Make sure you have something
underneath the piece to support it so it doesn't break under the pressure.
I put a piece of wood underneath the spot where the bit came down with a
hole in it a little larger than the bit, etc.  This supported the piece
enough.  This makes it very fast.  Hope this helps.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net