More Money in Tuning or Servicing?

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:32:14 EDT

<<
 Arnold:

 If you are going to subcontract, it would be best if you told your customer
 about it. I use two guys for my refinishing. I tell my customer that I take
 the piano appart, and put it back together, but that the finishing is done by
 some one else. This way, if a problem with the finish does happen, the
 customer will call me, but willl not be upset, or surprised, when I tell him
 that someone else will come to fix the problem.

 Willem Blees  RPT
 St. Louis

I used to do a lot of refinishing with good results.  But because it is the
least favorite part of the business, I have been sending pianos to a good
refinisher in my area so I can concentrate on what I really like to do:
restoration and tuning.  I always assure my customers that I will guarantee
his refinishing as well as my own.  They can be blessed with a good product in
the end.

Food for thought.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR