Breaking strings...

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 02 Jul 1998 12:58:26 -0400

Phil,
First piece of advise, use the Liquid Wrench on rusted bolts on a car ONLY !

Second, lower the tension a bit first to release the rust/friction at the
v-bar;
	not much, just til you hear a ping; then pull it up.

Thrid, Keep the Liq. Wrench as far from pianos as possible.

When should it be restrung? When the customer has the money and the piano
is worth it. Otherwise, patch as best you can and maybe even leave it flat.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)