breaking strings

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 18:06:24 EDT

<< quid wrench I sometimes use a non petrolium
 spray such as silicone & apply this to the V bar. I have noticed less
 string breakage while doing pitch raises. If this is a no no and might do
 damage  please inform me. Thanks.
 Dick >>
Never- ever use silicone anywhere within 30 feet of a piano.  The stuff creeps
and crawls into every conceivable location that it should never see..  It
first seeks the pinblock and then goes on a hunt for other victims.  It might
even get YOU and make you slippery and slidy forever and ever.  Beware and
desist!

Try using Protek for the application you desire.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
South Euclid, Ohio