loss of pitch

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:01:41 -0600

Hi Susan,
Once heard about a world war 11 refugee who was a cellist. Seems that
during the war he had both ear drums severally damaged due to the  constant
bombardment and could not hear well enough to play. The doctors operated on
his ears putting skin from the thigh area in place of the damaged drum
tissue. The operation was a success, he could hear fine. The only problem
was that he now heard everything a fourth low and could not play with
anyone.
Joe