fires

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 13:37:04 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/98 12:06:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
pianoman@inlink.com writes:

<< Hi All,
 You know what I don't understand is why the FL governor hasn't called out
 the National Guard and why AlGore, instead of blaming this on El Ninio and
 global warming , didn't call in the regular troops to help defend our land
 from fire.  We seem to want to protect and defend stuff in other countries.
  I am sure the firefighters there could use some help and relief.
 James Grebe >>

I agree, James.  You would think that a massive mobilization would already be
in operation to have planes and helicopters with water tanks that could scoop
water out of the ocean to douse these fires.  Additionally, National Guard
troops and even the US army and Marines to help people evacuate and set back
fires to stop the advances.

If anything is going to put a strain on the healthy economy that is going on
now, it will be that half the state of Florida has been burned to a crisp and
these people have no homes or jobs.  One thing I could tell those people
though, if they come to Wisconsin, they'll find a home and a job, real quick.
They'll just have to bear the cold winters like the rest of us though.

Happy 4th
Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, WIsconsin