In-Piano Records Revisited

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 05 Jul 1998 19:28:35 -0400

At 09:37 PM 7/5/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 98-07-05 21:22:24 EDT, skline@proaxis.com writes:
>
><< >Maybe your mechanic should scribble the last oil change and tune up on
>
> They put a little vinyl sheet with this information in the upper left hand
> corner of the windshield. Easy to see, easy to remove.  (S Kline) >>
>

>Susan, Jon,
>
>Great idea. My mechanic also uses the little vinyl sheet and am I ever
>grateful. I have my car (turbo) serviced every 3000 miles. Without that
little
>sheet in the upper left corner, I never would remember on time. Maybe we need
>to put these little vinyl sheets somewhere, unobtrosive, so our customers can
>have a daily reminder to call us. Hummmmm. Suggestions?????
>Gina

Stickers for their calender?  Small labels run thru your printer with a
space for the
date last tuned to place on the month prior to next servicing.
A reminder on the bottom of the bench lid may go forgotten if not opened
frequently.

Imagine if you went to buy a used car and under the hood were dates written
with
a marker. Picture a vintage classic with all this graffiti.
New cars come with a service record booklet for recording the maintenance.

The only application I have made to pianos is a small pressure sensative label
(1/2 x 3/4) placed on the plate strut beside #1 agraffe. On this I record
the date
which I treated the pressure ridges and agraffes with Protek. I started
this in
1992 and retreatment logged within 3 to 5 years for jumpy and ratcheting
strings.
Sometimes another application was required the following year then it
maintained
for up to 5 years.

Fortunately these are easily removed because one customer removed the sticker
both times I treated. I respect his property and will not place another.
Imagine if I
wrote this on the bottom of the music desk or plate. He'd probably make me
refinish
the pieces.

Keep pianos beautiful,

Jon Page