"O.W. Schubach Pianos"

Daleboy@aol.com Daleboy@aol.com
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:01:41 EDT

Dear List,
I've a customer with a piano made by O.W. Schubach.....serial no. 58414.
Mr. P's atlas gives some dates of manufacture but no info or background on the
maker. Any of you know any details on this piano maker? It has a Viennese
action (ah...Austrian perhaps?) with a wood that appears to a burled walnut
veneer.  The veneer is bookmatched throughout the entire piano and is
impressive, however........the rest of the piano is dire straights. My client
paid a rather handsome price for this instrument at an antique dealer...as it
turns out three times what I appraised the piano for. Needless to say they are
somewhat dismayed. I told them that I would consult my associates to see if
this piano holds some type of value that I am not aware of.
	How much is this piano valued at on the world market and are there parts
available for action replacement? Perhaps I need one of those Renner catalogs
that has all of the old style parts but everything is listed in German, eh?
"Sprechensie Deutche?"
	If anyone gets this at the convention please pass it around, ok!
Thanks and Regards!
Dale Whitehead, RPT
Franklin Piano Restorations