"O.W. Schubach Pianos" back back back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:34:08 -0500

 Hi again,
I don't interview but am happy they called me rather than someone else.  I
don't really "like" a lot of my clients, but I may like their pianos.  This
lady asked me about covering scars in the ebony finish on the bench and I
told her the solution was to buy a bench pad from me and out to my truck to
bring the 8 or so I carry around.  These are GRK cushions and very nice and
pretty.  She called them plain and wanted something monogrammed.  I told
her the idea of a bench pad is to get one inexpensive enough that when you
are tired of looking at it it is not much of a financial burden to pitch it
and get another one.  It infuriates me when they don't agree with me.  She,
in in a brand new $250k+ home with the lawn not even sodded yet and she is
going to estate sales to try to find used bench cushions.  What a drip..  I
even had a black one with me.  I'll be back there in 2 months and if she
asks the price will be $5 higher on the bench pad.  Don't get mad, get
even.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a great
day!

----------
> From: Dan M. Hallett, Jr. <dhalle@toolcity.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: "O.W. Schubach Pianos" back back
> Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 8:12 PM
>
> Dear James:
>
> When interviewing a new client perhaps we should ask if they are a
> garage sale and auction devotee. Then someone else could have al the
> fun. :)
>
> Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
>
> pianoman wrote:
> >
> >  Hi Dan,
> > Just yesterday a lady had me tune her new used Baldwin ebony console
and
> > asked me how much I thought it was worth since she just bought it from
an
> > estate sale.  I told her around $1150 and was relieved when she said
she
> > paid $850.  However she was too cheap to buy one of my bench pads for
$50
> > thinking she could find one cheaper at an estate sale.
> >         Good thing she didn't have a grand or I would have pressured
her to buy a
> > set of PLTR's from me.
> > James Grebe
> > R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
> > Piano Service and Piano Periperals
> > Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
> > pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a
great
> > day!
> >
> > ----------