Bench bottom replacement-long back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 06:22:50 -0500

Hi Carl.
Yes, on many benches they use a cheaper very thin stamped plated hinges.
On one of the 2 I did this week I replaced the lid hinges also.  The new
hinges I get are from HQ and are twice as thick and not very expensive,
around $4. and I add on $15. in replacing them also.  I , so far, have
found that once people are made aware of the overstuffing problem, and that
it cost them some money, that it would cease to be a problem.  Since I do
guarantee the bottom for life, it would be interesting to see  the effect
on overstuffing would have on my repair.  I would think that with the thin
original hinges that the hinge would go first.  Never run into that problem
yet.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a great
day!