Kimble grand/Schwander action

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:53:10 -0700

John, Rob,

David Stanwood wrote a while ago about the springs used on wippen
flanges. He said that you can reduce touchweight by about 9 grams and
that the beauty of this method is that it doesn't increase the mass of
the key, which can be a part of the problem when the action feels heavy.

If you're going to install this type of flange, the drill is that you
adjust the helper spring to just support the weight of the wippen.

Rereading your post, John, it sounds like you might have other problems
to consider such as flat a/o dirty knuckles, jacks which are adjusted
too far under the knuckles or incorrect action geometry.

Happy sleuthing.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT