cutting damper felt

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:30:36 -0700

NBWW@aol.com wrote:

> List
>
> Does some have a good method for cutting damper felt that yields clean, square
> corners; not only on the strips, but on flat stock that come in sheets from
> Renner etc.

Paul,

To your question about how to cut felt sheet stock, I use a rotary
cutter (available in sewing supply places as well as piano supply
companies) and a straightedge. The problem with this method is that,
even using a rotary cutter, the felt tends to squirm a little unless you
can modify the straightedge by, for example, glueing sandpaper to the
bottom surface.

With thanks, once again, to Bill Spurlock,

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA