damper guide rail bushings

NBWW@aol.com NBWW@aol.com
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 07:21:31 EDT

List

Sorry I could not make the convention this year. Hope you had a great one. I
was called by a client to take "the rattle out" of their grand piano. Turns
out that the damper guide rail bushings are hard as rocks, many of them worn
out-all need replacing. What's a good way to size the new felt bushings.  The
damper wires mike to an average of .0725". Is it best to be at that size when
new or slightly larger? I've replaced bushings in the past, but it was always
to match existing sizes. This piano needs a whole set, and I have nothing to
go by. All your "guidence" will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Paul Chick RPT
Plainview MN