pianotech-digest V1997 #971

Jory A. Olson jory@teleport.com
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:52:37 -0700

I had this problem with my Petrof III grand.  Several technicians had a =
go at it before one finally found the real problem.  The technician, =
Linda Scott, lubricated the guide pins underneath the front of the keys =
and the problem disappeared.  The touch also became noticeably better, =
more even and more responsive.

In my case the "stickiness" depended on which angle I hit the key at.  =
Sometimes they would stick, sometimes not.

Don't know if this will fix your problem, but it worked for me.  Since =
three other technicians couldn't find the problem, I'm assuming that =
it's not a common one.

Jory
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:35:19 GMT
From: philip@econs.dircon.co.uk (Philip)
Subject: Sticky keys

Hi,
	I have been annoyed by sticky keys which cleared temporarily and then
come back again when it was most needed at the time.

	I have removed the action before and intend to remove it to determine
the cause.  A friend told me to press the end of the key nearer to the =
capstan
screw and the key should fall back by itself when released.  Is this the =
best
test?  Your advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
PHILIP

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available