Update on HT Concert

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:24:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/98 6:41:10 PM Central Daylight Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

<< P.S. There's a performance of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana (sp?) this Friday.
 I went into the hall today to check on something.  The accompanists were
 rehearsing and I discovered that they are going to use *both* pianos to
 accompany it.  No one had told me about it yet and the "HT" piano has not
 yet been retuned!! I wonder how Orff would sound in Well Temperament?  :-)

I enjoyed reading this post.  In this case, you will have an unexpected
circumstance from which you can gain some experience.  Did they even notice?
Did they think the HT was in tune but the ET out?  I know and love the Orff
composition well.  If you have not read the translation of the Medieval poetry
that this music accompanies, I suggest you do it and attend the performance.
It is a very outstanding and deeply moving piece of music.  It is, in fact, my
favorite of all 20th Century compositions.  Yes, an HT such as the Young or a
Victorian would express the orchestral score very well for rehearsals.  I know
this from personal experience.

Regards,
Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin