Fwd: 1929 Wurlitzer

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 06:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

>I recently acquired the above piano. Its a studio uprite that has been pretty
>well cared for. Fairly tight pins. It sounds good and plays ok but I suspect
>the shorter keys were not properly weighted.(At the factory) It is difficult
>to regulate the capstans due to the seemingly excessive front weights.Repetion
>is not what it should be. The keys bear the jack up into the hammer making it
>hard to get any lost motion. Would appreciate any input from others who may
>have dealt with this situation or have knowledge of this piano.  Have I
>overlooked something? Thanks. Jim Love ,Midland,tx. Jlovekeys@aol.com

If there are key leads in the front of the keys, you can possibly remove
whatever is necessary to resolve this problem.  You will want to insure a
somewhat even downweight ratio across the entire keyboard as it will change
by removing leads.

If there aren't key leads in the front, then adding key leads or weights at
the rear of the key will help to resolve this problem.  Likewise, you will
want to insure a somewhat even downweight ratio across the entire keyboard.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731