How is this done?

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:26:34 EDT

<< Do I need to remove all the keys and slip them back in place one at a time?

I've run into a few of these, and have put the actions back in with the keys
in place.  If I remember correctly, there was enough clearance to get the pins
in.

In reinstalling the action, go in just low enough to let the pins drag on the
key rockers while swinging the bottom of the action back into place.  See if
lifting a wippen gives enough clearance to slip the pin in.  If the pin is too
long, lift the key clear of the balance pin, pull it toward you and you will
have room to get the pin in.

Bill Maxim