Piano Manufacturers List

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:36:35 -0500

Avery,

This page that you found seems to be from Taiwan.  They have
copied the list of sites off the Piano Page but didn't get the codes
correct for displaying the umlauts in older browsers.  I had changed
them so people with older browsers could see them.    The
characters at the end are what happens when you try to display
chinese characters on a computer not set up to do so.  They also
didn't get the address right for the Piano Page so that link doesn't
work.

The address where we have this list of manufacturers is
http://www.ptg.org/industry.htm
There is a section for manufacturers with web pages.

There are even more manufacturers at
http://www.ptg.org/mfgrs.htm
but not all of those have web sites.

Ron

> At this site, each name, some not commonly found, is a link to that site.
> http://www.csjh.ttct.edu.tw/books/pianoinf.htm
> (I don't have a clue to what the symbols at the bottom mean. Does anyone
> else?)
>
> THE PIANO PAGE
> Baldwin Piano Company
> Bechstein Piano Co.
> Bluthner Piano Co.
> B–sendorfer Piano Co.
> Boston Piano Co.
> John Broadwood and Sons Ltd.
> Fachverband Deutsche Klavierindustrie -- German Piano Manufacturers
>     Association
> Fazioli Pianoforti
> Feurich Pianofortefabrik
> German Piano Page Information about German Piano Manufacturers
> Grotrian-Steinweg
> Ibach Piano Co.
> Kawai Piano Company US
> Knabe Pianos
> Mason & Hamlin Pianos
> Mapes Piano Strings
> Petrof Piano Company (in Czech and English)
> Petrof Piano Company (From Dealership in Canada)
> PianoDisc
> Samick Piano
> Carl Sauter Pianofortemanufaktur
> Wilhelm Schimmel Pianofortebau