Taking off shoes.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:29:02 EDT

<< Hi,

 I went to a couple of workshops about business building etc at the last two
 PTG conventions. Both discussed the idea of taking off shoes in a customers
 home. One said that he ONLY wore loafers out on jobs because it was easy to
 slip them on and off. So next chance I got I went out and bought some
 loafers. Hey, I got a good deal at the local thrift store; three pairs like
 new for the price of one or less - only $18 for the three. Several times
 customers have thanked me for taking them off, or at least have seemed
 pleased. But, yes, this is almost always on carpeted floors.

 Wally Scherer >>

I don't take off my shoes, unless I'm asked, but I do make it a point to
vigerously wiping my feet on the mat, in full view of the customer,  before I
enter the house.

Willem Blees