glue

Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:11:00 -0700

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Just a quick question. When assembling a bent, vertically laminated bridge
> body, what's your glue preference? I know a urea-formaldehyde, or plastic
> resin might be ideal, but will Titebond(II) suffice?
>
> Thanks,
>  Ron

old files and ran across this. Sorry it's so late.

I've been using a glue called MPA II which is a commercial version of Titebond
II without the yellow color. I know there is supposed to still be some creep in
the stuff, but it's sure not much. Probably less than is in the wood. Besides,
the bridges are glued to the soundboard, aren't they?

Del