Advertising

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:57:29 EDT

Rob:

Mu recommendation is to place a two or three line ad in the classified section
of the newspaper, under misc. services, and leave it there. Lots of people
read those classified.

Don't just put it in one or two weeks. As I said, leave there and forget about
it. When people look at it the first time, they will say to themselves,
"that's a good idea, maybe I'll have my piano tuned". The next week they see
it , and  say, yes, I am going to hhve my piano tuned, I'll call next week.
The third week they forget to call. The forth week the remembered they should
have called last week, so they write down the number. By the fifth week, they
will have lost the number, so they have to look again, but you're line is
busy, or they get interupted, or somthing else happens. So finally in the
seveth week, not only will they remember, but they actually call you to set up
an appointment.

This is just one person. In that seventh week, another lady will see the ad
for the first time, and the cycle starts all over again.

I have been runing a 2 line ad in my local newspaper for propably 20 years
now. I not only get calls from people who just moved into town and saw the ad
for the first time, but I also get calls from people who have lived here all
their lives, who say, I just saw your ad for the first time several weeks ago.

Good Luck

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis