Advertising

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@calcna.ab.ca
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:11:18 -0600 (MDT)

	Rob,

	One of the most valuable forms of advertising is contact with
music teachers. If there is an organization of teachers with a magazine,
advertise in it. Otherwise, meet all the teachers or send them letters and
business cards.
	I tell the teachers who ask for discounts, that every time I get a
new customer, I ask where he/she got my name. And, if he/she got my name
from the teacher, I will deduct $5.00 from the teacher's bill the next
time I tune the teacher's piano (for each new customer.) It takes a little
care and bookkeeping but I feel it pays off.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta