Music Wire

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:54:47 -0500 (CDT)

John,

   I, personally, keep both sizes. In a pinch, to replace a broken string
or two, you could probably get by with it. However, over the entire piano,
as in restringing, I believe it would make a significant difference in
overall tension and sound unless you rescaled to compensate for it.
   JMHO, with what little knowledge I have about it.

Avery