More on advertising...

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:36:22 EDT

When I opened up my store selling used pianos, business was steady. But when I
started selling new pianos, I needed some help. So I hire a professional
marketing team. The first thing they told me about was the 7 touch rule.

Basically the seven touch rules means this. A consumer needs to see your name
at least 7 times before he or she will remember it. This is what I talked
about with the classified advertising. The same rule applies with Yellow Page
advertising, ads in symphony programs, or ads on the radio. Unless you do it
repeatedly, it is not going to be effective.

If you are going to spend money on advertising, you might as well do it right,
or don't do it at all. Spend the extra money to run the ad for a week or more
in a daily paper, or for several months in a weekly journal. Anything less
than that will be money down the drain.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis