Advertising

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 00:11:34 EDT

<< William:  What section in classified do you run your ad under?
 General/music/etc.?  Thanks  Jim Dally

Jim:

Depends on the paper.

My home town paper has divided the classifieds under every catogory
immagineable:  Plumbers, painter, electricians, Etc. Since I have been with
them for 20 years, they made a special PIANO TUNING section for me.
Unfortunately, one of my competitors also advertises in that section.

If your paper doesn't have that, put it under Professional services. If they
have a musical instrument section, or more specifically  pianos and organs,
you can try it there.

If none of that looks like it might work, call the paper and ask them where to
place the ad.

Good luck

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis