Music Wire

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:05:35 EDT

Greetings,
Roger writes;
> Using Roslau wire on a North American Piano designed for BS. SWG
>will drop the overall string tension by 1000 to 1500lbs.

      Using Roslau wire of the same diameters? or using the Roslau wire of the
same gauge number? 1000 to 1500 lbs  seems like a lot for the change. (now, if
you do go by gauge number, you will be .001" lighter  on all notes +- some
conversion differences.  This I could see taking a lot of tension out).
    And wouldn't it be necessary to mention size when describing the "North
American Piano", Since there is considerable difference in tension between a
Baldwin SD-10 and Steinway S.

Regards,
Ed Foote