Zimmerman flanges

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:31:28 -0500

I ran into a Zimmerman studio upright with plastic flanges.  The
pinning is so tight that is now ceases to work.  I have repinned a few
over the past several years.  Now the problem is with most all the
flanges.  The action says  Pianic  on it and is a Schwander type
action.  My question is whether anyone knows if this is a problem
with the plastic material growing like some of the old plastics did.
This is a 10 year old piano so the plastic is a modern type.  It looks
like the Kimball Schwander parts will fit and my inclination is to
replace the plastic with wood.  The butts have a butt plate so
repinning would be extremely easy in that you can put a smaller
center pin in.

Replacing the parts wouldn't take much more time than repinning.
Do any of you have experience with these actions?

Ron
Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
ronberry@iquest.net
Check out the Piano Page at: