My exp. with adv.

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:43:48 -0400

The more I read on this subject, the more I see (no pun intended) the
importance of visibility and the ability to pique curiosity to where the
customer will seek you out.  Am I right in assuming this?

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that in the beginning of my career,
I managed to rake in some business inadvertently by wearing a baseball cap
that had the logo of a pretigious piano manufacturer.  People asked about
the cap, asked about the piano, and then asked what my association with
pianos was (teacher? technician?) ... or they might even come right out and
ask if I knew of any good tuners in the area.

"You're looking at one right now." and I'd hand them a business card.

This phenomenon started, of all places, ON the water of a lake outside of
Boston, because I'd wear the cap while windsurfing.  I've thought of
decorating the sail with a row of piano keys or some sort of piano graphic,
but then I moved to Michigan and ... well, the rest is history.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

> From: Wallace Scherer <WallyTS@compuserve.com>