CA adhesive repairs

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 19:43:23 -0500 (EST)

At 10:50 PM 2/27/98 -0700, you wrote:
>John...
>The best way to fix that music rack is...

If this is the type of music rack that we see on small consoles that are
held in place by screws into verrrrry thin and flimsy wood, I think I have
another way to repair:

First I make up a dam with tape, contouring the original lines of the desk.
Then I mix up some epoxy, stuff it in  and  around the broken out original
hole and let dry Then drill out a hole for a threaded insert. If necessary I
add a little more epoxy in, around whatever to finish off the appearance. I
then sand  the repair and color with marking or touch up pens. Use a
corresponing brass machine screw to assemble with a brass washer and put
some Loc Tite on the threads.

Joseph Alkana