House cleaning, Kimballs, WD40

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 01:04:28 EST

<<
 A tuner in the area ( not a guild member) has been using WD40 on actions-and
 every thing else you need-for a number of years anmd swears by the stuff. On
 pianos he regularly services he claims he finds no adverse affects from its
 use- even the Steinways. I have never used it based on my experience with it
 in the machine shop. I caught some reaction by list members when an earlier
 post mentioned its use. I take it the stuff and pianos don"t mix. Has this
 ground been covered on the list before?

I would hate to see what gunk would be around the flange clothe with WD40, and
also in later years.  IMHO, WD40 is only good on pianos for lubing the castors
to reduce any squeeky noise.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR