Yamaha GH-1

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:47:53 -0600

Hello All,
I believe the GH-1 was not perceived as a performance piano and should not
be expected to act like one.  It is an attractive case design, lighter than
a G or C-1 with fewer case parts.  People should be led to buy the GH-1  if
their decorator says they need a grand piano in that spot.  Obviously the
cost of the GH-1 is much less than the C-1 and it will fit the purpose.  If
the client wants better sound and feel,  help them move up to the next
quality level rather than sinking money into something that will never come
close.  Certainly the GH-1 comes out better than the little Kimball: except
on price.
	On a side note,  tuning these smaller "inferior pianos" is a lot of fun
for you guys who tune mainly the Steinway and such and some even come out
surprisingly musical.  I look forward to a piano that has snug tuning pins
and the action works properly and I make it sound as well as I can.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"I'm on my way towards the mighty light of knowledge".