Yamaha GH-1 Grand

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:09:04 -0600

At 07:29 AM 3/1/98 EST, you wrote:
>    The solution is a partial rescaling of this section.  Yamaha provides a
>kit for this.  All you have to do is change six agraffes, six dampers,
drive a
>few new holes for some hitch pins and replace the plain wire unisons with
>wound string bichords.  The middle tuning pins with no string attatched are
>simply left at the same level as the others for appearence sake.  You can do
>it in a few hours.
>    Bill Bremmer RPT
>    Madison, Wisconsin

One of my customers has a Yamaha G1 that is always going out of tune much
more quickly at the break between the bass and treble.  Would the repair
outlined above be of any help in improving the tuning stability in this
section?

Thanks!
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
#pianotech page:
http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

New web page for the Joplin Community Concert Association
http://www.concerts.joplin.com