warped key

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:35:07 EST

<< Now, 9 months later G1 is warped. It has a slight bend in it, and is
rubbing
 against the F. (It is leaving the F# and G# alone.

 The key has a dog leg to the left. It has a key button on the underside. My
 initial thought is to lay the key on its side, with the bend up, and put a
 weight on the top of the bend, to allow it to straighten out. But I am not
 sure if this will work.

 Any other ideas?

 Willem Blees  RPT
 St. Louis

It has been several years since I unwarped a key but here is what I did and
worked very well:  Wrap the area that is warped with a wet rag and rubber band
it together.  Then place the key on your workbench and clamp it the direction
you want it to unwarp.  Leave it clamped overnight and check.  Chances are it
unwarped the direction you wanted it to go.

Hope this helps.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR