Young Chang

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 22:43:22 -0500

One trick I saw demonstrated at a convention was to put clear fingernail
polish on the offending string lengths.  That deadened the worst of the
noise from that area but not so much that it killed the clarity and sustain
of the note.  The polish is that it dries hard, so it doesn't get gunky
with dust and dirt.  It comes off pretty easily with acetone on a Q-tip.

Sometimes very selective single-needle voicing will help.  I've only seen
one person who had that uncanny sense of just where and how deep to stick
that needle.  I'm trying to develop that sense myself ... ... ...

Another trick I've seen is using tiny pieces of buckskin about 1/8" wide
and just long enough to go over the middle string and under each side of a
unison.

Hope this helps ---

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI