warped keys revisited

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:37:30 EST

Thanks to all of you who made suggestions.

Being a hands on type of guy, who wants instant gratification, I fixed the key
using the teapot on the stove method. I used oven mitts to hold on to the key
over the steam while I gently bent it. I then took the key away from the steam
to allow it to "set" in place. It took several tires, but after about 10
mintes, the job was done.

I want to ask Conrad and Steve B. to explain a little more in detail how to
make the cuts and use veneer to straighten out a warped key. Roger
Weisensteiner at the Kimball Schools explained this method to a class, but I
wasn't sure what he was talking about. This would be an excellent mini tech
class at the convention.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. louis